Monday, March 5, 2012

We never say goodbye to inspiration

Yesterday I received word that one of my uncle's has passed away. I haven't seen him recently, but that doesn't change how I feel.  My uncle was someone who with his words, made a huge impact in my life.  Now as some of my close friends are reading this their probably thinking, really? How can someone who you don't talk often about make such a huge impact on you?

Like every family, mine had it's own troubles. However when it came down to it, this man had some very wise words and he didn't care how mad he made you when he spoke them.  I can remember thinking many times growing up "You're not my dad", but as I look back at the situations I have been able to see clearly his points in each.

He strongly encouraged college and moving if you needed, in order to be successful.  I always carried those words with me and to be honest, it was that kick in the butt that I needed to keep motivated to be successful.  I believe that everyone we meet has some sort of impact in our lives. I like to think that he knew he did with me, even if we didn't see each other often.

I know my dad will miss him greatly, and I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment